Our tutor,for the workshop was Meredith Clarke, who presented - "Confidence with Colour".
I had never been to one of these workshops before,so was not sure what to expect.
I though that I had a basic knowledge of colour with regards to Quilting...but as I am now wanting to step outside my comfort zone of pastels..and PINKS, I wanted to learn how to try and gain some confidence.
It was a fun workshop. Meredith detailed the colour wheel and its use in Quilting and worked through the terminology that is used..She enlightened us on descriptions of Warm colours,Tints,Tones and Shade,not forgetting Complimentary colours.
Then it was on to words I had difficulty spelling, let alone know what they meant..But that was what I was there for.
ANALOGOUS ; ACHROMATIC ; MONOCHROMATIC ; and POLYCHROMATIC...WOW!!
Meredith went on to discuss Colour Value Placement and it was then,that we were allowed into the shop to pick our various Light /Medium and Dark values of fabric.This was followed by print values Small/Medium and Large...and off we went again in search of our choices.My final selection i have shown below.
I fell in love with the multicoloured print in Purple, Mauve and Aqua (3rd from the right) and it just happened that there was this beautiful Aqua fabric that shouted out to me..*Buy Me*..so i did...other colours i had in my stash...or as i learnt today my "Fabric library".The 2 lighter colours in the centre which have not photographed too good, are both reflections of the lighter colours used in the multicoloured fabric.I am not sure yet what i am going to use this for but one thing I am certain there will be a flower of each colour added to my Grandmothers Flower Quilt..Talking of which ,I had better move along and do some work on that..and Doc Martin is on TV.
Until Next Time
Take Care
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for popping in...It is always nice to see you..